While preparing perfect homemade pumpkin pie recipe, I take care to use the materials in your home or that you can easily buy. It is a dessert that even those who do not like pumpkin can enjoy.
When ginger, clove and cinnamon are involved, a magical flavor appears.
I knead the pie base as thin as possible, leaving the edges thick. This fits perfectly into the inside of the crispy edges while eating your pie. I served it with walnuts, which I liked very well.
Everyone knows that the pie dough is usually pre-baked. But this time I did not pre-bake the dough. The reason for this is that I add labneh cheese and 1 egg to the consistency of pumpkin puree.
Since the mash mixed with the egg and labne is placed on the raw dough and baked in the oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes, the dough definitely does not remain raw.
Little tip, you can use pumpkin pie spice if you want. if you do not want to make the dough yourself, you can use frozen pie crusts. İf you want homemade pie crust follow the recipe.
The result is a smooth and easily sliced pie.
Prepeartion Time- 25 Minute
Cooking Time- 45 Minutes
Ingredients for best pumpkin pie recipe,
- 1 Pound Pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup White or Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Piece Clove
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Packed (4 ounce) Labneh Cheese or evaporated milk
For The Dough,
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar or Powdered Sugar
How To Pumpkin Pie Recipe from scratch,
1. Cut the pumpkins that you bought peeled from the market into small pieces by cutting them with a knife.
2. Add the sugar, spices and water on the pumpkins and cook on medium heat until the pumpkins soften.
3. Take the cooked pumpkins from the stove, pass through the mixer and let cool for 15 minutes.
4. While the pumpkin puree is cooling in room temperature, start preparing the dough for the pie. Put the dry ingredients in a large bowl, take the margarine that you chop eggs, flour, sugar and cubes.
5. Mix with the kneading apparatus of the mixer until the dough becomes thick. When you reach the dough form, knead it with your hand and turn it into a ball. (If you did not make the first kneading in the mixer, cover with plastic wrap and cool the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator)
6. Grease the inside of the small baking sheet or pie pans. Spread 3/2 of the dough you prepared into the mold. Make a long roll of dough that you put back, and press the wall of the clamp mold with your hands to form the edges. ( Nearly 9-inch pie)
7. When the dough coating process is finished, make holes on the bottom of the dough with a fork.
8. For pumpkin pie filling Add labneh cheese or evaporated milk and 1 egg into the fresh pumpkin puree that is cooled and beat with a wire whisk.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 40 minutes. After it is completely cooled, take it out of the mold and serve by slitting.
You can use whipped cream on top for serving.