The pesto sauce recipe, which is one of the delicious green sauces with its pine nut, basil and parmesan cheese content, is compatible with many dishes from sandwich to meat recipes, as well as the toast slice. Also you can use this pesto sauce recipe for pasta.
Instead of ready-made sauces, it is possible to prepare it at home cook in a short time, to preserve it for a long time and use it in its first freshness. Lets look pesto sauce ingredients.
Serving – 1 Medium Jar
Preperation Time – 15 Minutes
Cooking Time – 5 Minutes
Ingredients for Homemade Pesto Sauce Recipe
- 2 bunches of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or pecorino romano
- 1/4 cup pinenut or pumpkin seeds
- 1, 1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin olive oil)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon blackpepper
The Key to Homemade Creamy Pesto Sauce Recipe
It is a more labor-intensive method, but if you want the aroma of the pesto sauce to be stronger and more dense, beat all the ingredients in the pestle and mortar instead of the food processor.
You can store it in a refrigerator in a closed jar and in a deep freezer for use as a portion in covered ice boxes. Add olive oil little by little and mix until it becomes thick.
Cooking Recommendation of Homemade Pesto Sauce Recipe
In addition to pine nuts, you can also use walnut and cashew, which you lightly roast in a skim pan.
How to Make Homemade Pesto Sauce Recipe?
1. After removing the fresh basil leaves and washing them in plenty of water, chop them finely.
2. Roast pine nuts for 2-3 minutes in a pan without oil to make them crispy and feel more intense.
3. Grate Parmesan cheese with the thin side of the grater. After weeding the garlic, add the salt and pepper and beat in the pestle and mortar.
4. Puree the crushed garlic cloves with chopped basil leaves and roasted pine nuts in a food processor.
5. Add grating cheeses and olive oil little by little and continue mixing.
6. Your basil garlic sauce is ready. Even when there is no time to prepare food, keep it in the refrigerator for use without avoiding tomatoes, cheese, bread slices. Share it with your loved ones.
This pesto sauce recipe vegan. This basil pesto recipe will make you feel free.